As physicians, each member of the Digestive Health Partners are dedicated to providing the best gastrointestinal care possible. When the two practices of Asheville Gastroenterology and Carolina Mountain Gastroenterology came together that mission expanded to cover everyone in the western North Carolina region. Now close to home the finest facilities and Board Certified Gastroenterologists are under one banner of the Digestive Health Partners.
The History of Asheville Gastroenterolgy
Started in 1975 through the vision, compassion, and hard work of founding partner Dr. Michael Grier, our commitment to pursue cutting-edge technology to improve our patients’ health has been demonstrated by the following:
- Our founding members were among the first physicians to introduce state-of-the-art gastroenterology and endoscopic techniques to the region, using newly developed fiber optic instruments of that era.
- In 1978, an AGA physician was the first in the state of North Carolina to successfully extract a gallstone from the bile duct using a novel technique called endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP).
- Our Endoscopy Center, opened in 1991, was the first ambulatory surgical center of its kind in the state of North Carolina, providing outpatient endosurgical services to the patients of Asheville Gastroenterology Associates.
- AGA developed a clinical research program that offers treatments in a variety of digestive disorders by enrollment in nationally acknowledged clinical trials at the forefront of discovery.
- We are dedicated to offering the most innovative endoscopic techniques as exemplified by our expertise in capsule endoscopy, endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) and Spyglass direct cholangioscopy system.
- We were the first site Western North Carolina to use the novel Spyglass visualization system for direct cholangioscopy in 2008.
- Our collaboration with a regional liver transplant center helps facilitate initial consultations with transplant surgical staff within our practice.
The History of Carolina Mountain Gastroenterology
At Carolina Mountain Gastroenterology, a division of Digestive Health Partners, P.A., we deliver quality care and professional services with a committed focus on our patients. With an expert team of providers, we promote improved and prolonged health care through a range of services tailored to our patients' well-being. We strive to support a healthy community.